When we started making these treats, both dogs were in separate areas of the house, far from the kitchen. Then Jenn opened the bacon package and Henry and Matao appeared in the kitchen in lighting speed.
These treats are great to make because all the ingredients are simple and they come together in just one bowl. We opted for our bone shaped cookie cutter but you can use any shape you have on hand.
The pups definitely had a hard time waiting for the treats to cool before they could enjoy them!
- 1 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup nonfat milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- 3-4 strips of cooked bacon, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, whisk together peanut butter, egg, and milk, until no lumps remain.
- Add in flour and baking powder with spoon. Mix in oats and bacon. The dough will be quite thick.
- Next roll the dough out on a floured surface with rolling pin until dough is ¼ inch thick. Using cookie cutter, cut out shapes and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-12 mins until bottom of treat is lightly browned. Take out of oven, turn treats over, and bake for another 5-6 mins.
- Allow to cool completely before giving to your dog.