One of Jenn’s good friends, Erin, is getting married this year and Jenn is doing the desserts for her wedding. One of the desserts that Erin is contemplating is mini cheesecakes. Jenn has been trying out lots of recipes and different ways of getting the right size of mini cheesecake. We definitely found the right size with this mini cheesecake pan:
With the scrumptious combination of chocolate brownie and cheesecake, this recipe is easily a contender for being one of the wedding desserts!
- 4 eggs
- 1¼ cups cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2¼ cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and vanilla until well combined.
- Stir in sugar and melted butter, and then stir in flour until mixed together. Set brownie batter aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, and egg yolk with electric mixer.
- Grease mini cheesecake pan with butter and spoon into each cup a tbsp of brownie batter. Next spoon in a teaspoon of cheesecake filling over the brownie batter. Top off each cup with a teaspoon of brownie batter. Can swirl mixture together with knife to create marbled effect.
- Bake for 18-20 mins or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let brownies cool in pan for 10 mins and then transfer to cooling rack.